Monday, August 31, 2009

1st day at the job

This is a photo David snapped recently of little Lucy Love


Today was Day 1 for David and JJ in the studio at Sputnik Sound in Nashville, and day 1 for me at my new job as nanny for little Lucy. The little one and I are getting reacquainted with one another after a month or so of not seeing each other. She recognizes people's faces and voices a lot more than she used to...especially her momma's. This was problematic today, as she has a bit of separation anxiety. We tried to stay out of line of vision so that Lucy wouldn't get worked up about being in my arms rather than JJ's. Over the course of the day, Lu became more and more comfortable with me. We went across the street, just the two of us-for a swing together, her first one, and by the end of the day, she even fell asleep on me while I lay on the couch. Those were definitely the two highlights of my day :) Can't beat a sleeping child curled up close to you!

Tomorrow promises to be even more of a bonding experience, and the next, and the next!

We have the video camera with us, so be sure to check in on JJ's website shortly for a video journal. We'll get one up eventually.

No comments: