Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Piece in Heaven

The other day, my pastor said something that went not only in to my head, but down to my heart as well. It made me think I needed to process through it again on paper (figuratively speaking) and share. It was only a fraction of his message, sort of an offshoot really. But it made sense to me.

He said something to this effect: when someone you love dies and goes to Heaven, there is a little part of you that has gone with them and is now invested in Heaven. It struck me and made sense now why I feel an emptiness sometimes in the depths of my being. It is why this Earth doesn't hold as much weight as maybe it once did. When Josh died, he took a part of me with him.

I want to be made whole again. I believe that can only happen once I've died and gone to Heaven anyways, but now more than before, I want to be there because a small portion of me has already left this world and wants to be reunited with the rest of me.

It just all made sense when my pastor said that.

No comments: