Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oops....

I forgot to charge my camera battery between trips, so I don’t have any pics from our LA trip this weekend. Sorry, no visual material to go along with this post. We spent a great few days hanging out in Southern California, I stayed with JJ’s cousin and her family, while David, JJ and Lucy were just down the road staying at the worship pastor’s house of the church where they played on Sunday.

Both of the shows where David and JJ sang were very well received, and of course, everyone absolutely loved Lucy! This was not the first time I heard ladies commenting to one another, “Oh look at that cute little doll-baby!”

My mind traveled between being present, and thinking about Josh and my parents, dealing with everything that is going on back in Phoenix. I am looking forward to seeing them this afternoon as we spend less than 24 hours in AZ before heading to Texas for some shows over the next several days.

Josh is spending his time recovering from the colectomy, and will hopefully continue to feel better with each day- as his pain subsides, and he learns how to effectively maintain and live with a colostomy bag. He has had a few visitors come out to the house to visit or play Xbox with him.

Please pray for rest for Josh and my parents, continued healing from the surgery, and that Josh would see God in the midst of all that is happening. That he would recognize the orchestration of God’s hand in this mess- that we all would.

No comments: